- Academic programme and achievement - St Leonards is proud to be an all-through International Baccalaureate School, delivering the inspiring IB curriculum from Year 1 up to Year 13. Pupils at St Leonards aspire to be: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, reflective (the values of the IB Learner Profile).
- Breadth of opportunity - Did you know that there are over 50 different co-curricular activities on offer at St Leonards? Opportunities span sport, music, drama, golf, art and outdoor learning. Junior pupils enjoy regular Beach School lessons on the East Sands, complementing their classroom learning. Always looking for opportunities to add more activities to our co-curriculum, encouraging pupils to pursue existing passions and develop new ones, wherever they may lie.
- Location - St Leonards is incredibly unique in its location here in the heart of St Andrews: historic university town, surrounded by beautiful sandy beaches, world-famous golf courses in the Home of Golf, sea views from the campus and from some of our boarding house bedrooms. St Andrews has a vibrant cultural, academic and sporting scene. Accessible - one hour from Edinburgh, 20 minutes from Dundee, Leuchars train station nearby for connections to London.
- Pastoral Care and Boarding - Of the 590 pupils currently on the school roll at St Leonards, 140 are boarders, residing in our three recently-refurbished boarding houses. £5 million has been spent on the redevelopment of Bishopshall, Ollerenshaw and St Rule since 2016, ensuring each house is a comfortable ‘home from home’ with a personality of its own. Boarders enjoy a varied and exciting programme of evening and weekend activities, both in house and further afield, from pizza nights to quizzes and days out in Edinburgh or at Go Ape. Both day and boarding pupils participate in cultural celebrations throughout the year, including Diwali, Chinese New Year and St Nicholas Day in December.
- Community - Pupils, staff, families and Seniors (former pupils) make up the warm, diverse and inclusive St Leonards Community. We are proud of our community feel, and the fact that everyone is encouraged to be who they want to be, and to excel wherever their interests lie. In turn, the St Leonards community has close ties with the wider St Andrews community, through the University of St Andrews, through the St Andrews Links Golf Academy and Links Trust, through local organisations and more - next on the agenda is a Junior Parkrun at St Leonards! St Leonards is a ‘big-small’ school, where everyone is known by name and celebrated as an individual.
Event typeScotland North & Midlands
Mr Simon Brian
Boys & Girls
Number of Pupils:
Fee Range (Termly):
Day £3,862-£6,255 / Boarding £9,464-£14,744
Betty Archdale, Kitty McKane Godfree, Audrey Withers & Wilhelimna Barns-Graham